Urban Farming/Backyard Food Production Class Series 2017
This 4 part urban farming series will go over basics ideas, methods and some hands on practice. Whether you are interested in growing herbs for cooking or medicine, or interested in growing as much annual food out of your yard as possible this series has a bit of everything. Suggest that you also take the 4 class series on composting along with this class series, that class starts on March 25, 2017 at Simply Water 4pm to 6pm.
1) We will begin with space, design, and foundation of food productions. How big of a space do I have? What do I need to do to prepare the space? Where is my water source from house plumbing to water collection? What can I grow in my space? What kind of tools? Are animal’s part of my plan and possible benefits? Composting properly and where? April 8, 2017 at Simply Water 1070 Gentry Way Reno, Nevada 89502 from 4pm to 6pm, $25pp
2) Mixing landscapes, fruit trees and bushes, preparing soil (bring sample of your dirt), ground planting or garden beds, transplanting and direct seeding options, flowers, herbs and medicinal plants (for bees, Animals and soil), dousing and Earth Acupuncture remedies for sorting out best places and energies for building up your back yard and for assisting with bug issues. May 20, 2017 location TBA, 4pm to 6pm, $25 pp
3) Companion planting, seed harvesting, seed saving, types of seeds: GMO, organic and heirloom, animals that fit best in backyard food productions, animals waste composting, dry composts, compost tea and sprays, importance of mycelium, treating mold, how to properly harvest food from plants to get a longer season from them. June 10, 2017 location TBA 4pm to 6pm, $25 pp
4) Late fall and winter growing, in the ground, green house or cold frame, how to properly cover crops, best and easiest winter crops for backyards and nutrient density for our bodies during winter and how to work with winter sunlight. July 8, 2017 location TBA 4pm to 6pm
Bridgette Lyn Dolgoff has been a life time student & practitioner of Shamanism. She is a sustainable, Biodynamic farmer over the last 7 years has built individual family food production. The Urban Farm Project was founded by Bridgette in 2009. UFP’s focus is consulting, building, education, in community on our return back to earth to cure, restore the soil life. Soil is key to regenerating the earth, our bodies through a nature’s food supply. Food is Medicine and cannot be replaced as such nor can anyone grow it for us to be our medicine. By Educating people to grow their own food and developing their own soil reconnects them to the earth. This is the medicine for all disease in us and around us.
To pay online go to coe-llc.com on home page scroll down to the pay for classes menu
Contact Bridgette at email@example.com or 775.624.7862
A Season of Compost Class Series 2017
This series of Classes will be exploring Biodynamic Compost methods. Compost is the foundation of back yard food productions, urban farms and full scale farming. This is a 4 part series on making Biodynamic Compost.
Bridgette Lyn Dolgoff has been a life time student & practitioner of Shamanism. She is a sustainable, Biodynamic farmer over the last 7 years has built individual family food production. The Urban Farm Project was founded by Bridgette in 2009. UFP’s focus is consulting, building, education, in community on our return back to earth to cure, restore the soil life. Soil is key to regenerating the earth, our bodies through a nature’s food supply. Food is Medicine and cannot be replaced as such nor can anyone grow it for us to be our medicine. Growing our own food by developing our own soil reconnects us to the earth and is the medicine for all disease around us. In a good way she does this work for the good of all our relations on the Earth Mother.
1) What is compost? What is Biodynamic compost? Where to put compost in your yard, how to build compost using Biodynamic methods, what to put in your compost (for different uses), what you can do with your compost, tools and supplies you need, how to care for your compost and how to cover it. Lecture March 25, 2017 will be held at Simply Water 1070 Gentry Way Reno, NV 89502. $25 per person 4pm to 6pm
2) Hands on building of Biodynamic compost. Bring water, proper clothing to participate. April 15, 2017 location TBA, second location will be the location for 2nd, 3rd and 4th class. $25 per person 4pm to 6pm
3) Feeding and watering the compost. Just like it sounds, first opening of compost and how to manage it. Bring water, wear proper clothing to participate. June 3, 2017 location TBA. $25 per person 4pm to 6pm
4) Harvesting compost, uses and” turning” the compost which builds the foundation of the new compost. August 19, 2017 location TBA. $25 per person 4pm to 6pm.
To pay online go to consciousnessofeconomics.com on home page on left side pay for classes menu
For more information contact Bridgette at firstname.lastname@example.org or 775.624.7862